I am an online dater, I date people I have met through the Internet. I will pause here for your dramatic gasp.
Okay, we good?
I wanted to create a post where I can direct people when they start to question my motives for dating online. I figured it would be easier to make a list instead of having to answer the same ten questions over and over again.
Now, before we get ahead of ourselves, this isn’t a post to reveal all of the dirty insider tips of online dating (we’ll save that one for next month when I need the hits). This is more to assure people I am not completely crazy, and no I have never met someone off of an AOL chat room (side note: do people use AOL anymore?)
Anyway, here are my answers to all of your questions and then some:
1. Yes, it would be nice to casually run into someone at my favorite coffee shop. I would love for a good meet cute to tell at parties. Instead, I’m stuck with making up stories of how we met through our mutual friend Ian.
2. Yes I have met a lot of crazy/weird/delusional people off of the Internet. One pretended he was Edward (from Twilight), I may or may not have left in the middle of the date.
3. No, it’s really okay. You don’t have to set me up with your roommate’s, cousin’s, brother’s friend who you met at a party two weeks ago. But thank you for offering.
4. Actually, I didn’t get a cat because I’m lonely. I bought a cat when I had a boyfriend. Don’t give me those eyes!
5. What happened to my last boyfriend? Oh, um I think he fell into a giant sand pit and was swallowed by a man-eating snake.
6. No I did not push him. He fell!
7. Yes, I’m sure that’s what happened.
8. Usually dinner, like a normal date. Then he brings me back to his dungeon and makes me whip him with fox tails. Honestly, that’s how most of my dates end.
9. Hmm, do I photoshop my pictures? Does Tyra wear a weave?
10. One time a guy asked for a video of my feet. I’m not sure why. After trying to get one thousand dollars out of him –he finally gave up. Then asked me out on a date. I said if he wanted to pay me five thousand dollars we could meet for coffee.