I hear things have been kind of rough, and you haven’t really grown out of the awkward phase – or gotten boobs.
While I can’t apologize for mother nature’s horrible sense of humor at that age, I can tell you that you will eventually get moderately cool. I wish I could tell you some big giant amazing miracle is going to happen, making all of our dreams come true.
But I can’t. Sadly, Whitney Huston never showed up to play our fairy godmother. Timing must’ve been off.
There were a few things I wanted to warn out about, just you know, give you a heads up and offer a redo.
1. When asked to the John Mayer concert go. I know he isn’t attractive, but you need to meet people at this age. So go.
2. Do not, under any circumstances, EVER, confess your attraction to someone while in high school (or college for that matter). It will not end well. I know we’re both truth tellers, and love baring our soul, but for the love of all that is good in the world DO NOT DO IT.
3. When you’re 17 your metabolism is going to start catching up with you. Run away from it. Literally, get off your lazy butt and go for a run.
4. Stop setting unrealistic expectations for love. In 10 years you’ll understand that there is no Prince Eric to sweep you off your feet, as much as you wish there were. Sorry, but better you learn now than later.
5. You can tell every teacher that said we would never be great at writing to suck it. It’s what we do for a living now.
Best of luck with 8th grade, try not to be too cool.