I constantly feel like there is not enough time in the day for me to pursue everything that my little heart desires.
And as a blogger I think out of anyone I deserve just one more hour.
60 minutes, 3,600 seconds…I mean really, it’s not like I’m asking for an entire day, month or even a year (I hope you know have the Friends song stuck in your head, you’re welcome). I just want one measly hour of daylight (yes of daylight) where I can do anything and everything I would like.
Just to prove my argument further, I’ve written our ten things that I could possible do with my extra hour. Hopefully this will reach mother nature, or Cher…I feel like she could possibly be the one controling time, and gain an understanding of why I need an extra hour.
1. Cross one thing off my to do list: You know how everyone has those long utterly depressing life long, do or die, check lists? Well, wouldn’t it be nice if we all could set aside one hour of our day to complete just on of them? The answer is yes, yes it would.
2. Cook Dinner: The reason I reach for microwaveable things is due to the lack of time I have to cook a real dinner. But, if I had that extra hour I could put effort into chopping and sauteing (er, learning what sauteing is).
3. Clean: That’s right, I said clean. I would clean everything. My house would be the cleanest freakin’ house you’d ever see.
4. Get a free half an hour massage a day: Why free? Because Cher, I mean mother nature, would want me to.
5. Write: I think we all can agree that there isn’t always enough time to write. Between school, work, friends, life, and time to sleep, sometimes writing takes a back seat. But if I could dedicate a full hour a day (which, yeah I know I could without having that extra hour) to just writing, that would be wonderful.
6. Spend time with family: So this one has a hidden part, I’d be able to split up the hour. It’s not that I don’t love going to see my family, I do! I just hate the drive there and back. But if it could be used as my extra time void then I’d be able to spend even more time with them!
7. Take care of business: You know all of those pesky little things that always weigh on your mind throughout the day? wouldn’t it be nice to just take care of them in one hour that didn’t count towards the rest of your day? All of those emails, phone calls, last minute bills, it’d be wonderful.
8. Beautification: I would actually try to look pretty. Well at least brush my hair, the rest of the 60 minutes would be spent using up hot water.
9. Reading outside: What if, for one hour a day, everyone had to take a break and read a book, magazine, anything you wanted to, outside. Granted, this would only work in the warmer months, but it would still be a darn good plan.
10. Banking hours: Okay, so if I could bank all of those extra hours during the week (equaling 5…see I can do math) and transfer them to a Saturday credit…that’d be great.
Notice how I didn’t mention sleeping..I already get enough of that. Well I don’t, I just run on coffee and drugs..er