One of my favorite guilty pleasure reads in YourTango, a fun sex and love advice e-zine, usually filled with tips that I wouldn’t try no matter how much tequila I was given.
However, one of their articles this past summer, “10 fun ways to meet men this summer” caught my eye. While I do enjoy many of the activities they added to their list, I couldn’t help but think there were better options out there, just browse through meetups.com. But, being the cynic I am I chose to focus on the bad rather than supply the good.
SO, without further adieu, check out these 10 potential locations to find a lust connection (notice how I didn’t say love there, yeah, I think I’m pretty funny too) :
1. Walk Your Dog. I hear dog poop is an aphrodisiac, apparently the writer thought so too.
2. Read a book at the beach or park. Nothing says approach me like reading a big book, especially one with a “juicy title”. While you’re at it why not chow down on some pig feet, because that will make you extra approachable.
3. Attend every party. Ah a girl after my own heart, however…if you’re at every single party you tend to look a bit desperate. Leave some mystery…and try to preserve your liver (yes I’m assuming you intend to get drunk at every party).
4. Enjoy outdoor concerts. Three words: Rick Springfield Date.
5. Dine outdoors. Because sitting on the patio alone says “Hey you in the sleeveless shirt with tattoos, come take me for a ride” …just me?
6. Join a hiking, biking or kayaking group. I actually like this one, I ..I don’t have anything bad to say. Unless you’re not the outdoorsy type, in which case please invite me along so I can tell you the best ways to scare off mountain lions.
7. Throw your own summer party. ”Not invited to any parties? Make your own!” How many people are going to come to your party if they aren’t inviting you to theirs…just think about that one for a second.
8. Hang out at Barnes and Noble on a rainy Sunday. On a rainy sunday I’m most likely going to be nursing my hang over from never turning down a party invite. Make up your mind! Am I to look smart or be a party girl..homegirl can not do it all.
9. Listen to live music at an outdoor bar. Oh, watch out! We’re combining number 4 and 5. That must make it doubly as awesome? While I’m not opposed to outdoor bars or live music (in fact I love that combination) the thought of balancing a beer while loudly flirting over live music does not sound appealing. I also have that magic ability to say the most awkward things as soon as the music stops, call it a gift if you’d like.
10. Stop at a coffee shop during the day. Not that I need anymore reasons to fuel my caffeine addiction, but if I did…meeting men here wouldn’t be one of them. Sure it could be nice to realize you both love your coffee tall, black, and strong, but talking to people before they enjoy their caffeine isn’t always the safest of ideas.
So tell me, where is your ideal Boston hangout to meet singles? And if it’s by the falafel king how have we not met yet?